Thursday 9 August 2012

3:4:5 - 'tis good - 'twas good

Well I had a pic of laying out the frame but just lost it...

As I've only got a old engineer's square I fell back on a bit of Pythagorus - all good in principal but tricky to get right with a sliding steel rule... still, best of a bad job and the four bolts are in now securing the top beams to the uprights...

Er, two cock ups though:
1st was relying on one of the existing holes in the section - oops, too tight to get a socket on. Though not an insurmountable problem it would have been prudent to have given a bit more brain before the brawn...
2nd was marking one hole wrong - then even worse, drilling it to 12mm. If I'd checked it at pilot size I could have saved a lot of messing...
fair does, it's a long time since I got a grade 1 in metalwork and only GCSE at that!

Ah well, cider time... the very last bottle of 2010's Batch 7 - unless I've missed a box...

No comments: