Tuesday 26 June 2012

Rumpy Pumpy...

... don't you wish?
Anyroadup...

So, the next customer... 3 out of 6 (must have miscounted last year) - not bad - could get a good sackful out of the 2nd tree, but 1 and 3 are young, though may yield a carrier bag full - scoff ye not...
Down the road 'Spinkhill Special' (POW) has a fair looking crop - and another I'd forgotten about nearby has apples but will be lost to the undergrowth...
next up - customer up 'road has 1 front lawn tree (Cox like) - counted 8 tiny fruits... crab on roadside verge opposite: nil. Neighbour Sheila has 3 trees, 1 has apples (sharp as I remember...), then next door again - (it's raining now and I'm getting pretty wet esp. in the long grass) - picking my way to the former railside crab only to find well, nothing at all... back at car, well and truly wet, I set off for the caravan shop to look at replacement submersible pumps...
So with newly-purchased Whale pump - not as good as the old one - (why is that..? what with progress and all..) batch 8 is now racked and I've just sampled some 'Beauty of Bolsover*' - 275ml - no condition as yet and consequently a tad sweet - though rather nice:



cheers!

ps. 'Spinkhill Special' and 'Beauty of Bolsover' only exist as varieties in my head of course, one day maybe though...

Afterthoughts: on discussing the 'nose' on B of B which is reminiscent of a West Country cider house - I thought Parsons Choice - she thought Ben Crossman's - er, she's usually right...

No comments: