Saturday 27 October 2012

Bubbling around...

It's been bubbling around the back of my mind for a good few years now...
See, if one of my favourite crabs comes down, it's lost forever. What I need to do is take scions and preserve what I find. The only way to do this is by grafting of course, something I've tried but failed at... largely for not using some form of grafting wax and only tape which don't offer enough seal. I've probably done it too late in the season too. I need to invest a bit of time learning how to do this as it looks pretty straight forward on You Tube...
The idea is to plant new stock clandestinely near to where current trees are or other suitable locations - ie. not too far away from car parking as even 25 kilos of apples can take some time to hump back to the car, especially as I'm getting a bit 'long in the tooth'...

No comments: