Saturday 13 October 2012

"I close my eyes..."

... and see apples, apples apples. Not had a dream of being an apple tree yet this year though...

Just knock and ask - today that tactic landed 32 kilos of an interesting sharp/sweet. Been passing this tree for years and finally plucked up the courage to go and ask in the week - my panking pole needs to be a good few feet longer though as I couldn't reach the top ones - worth calling back for the last windfalls... or maybe get the ladders off... next up the former coal washing plant - some nice sweet russety types - plenty more here yet too. I reckon somebody beat me to one of the wild bitter sweet that I went to on Thursday - got soaked in the pouring rain grubbing about in the undergrowth, but 13A made up for it...
Batch 5 scratted earlier ready for pulping and pressing tomorrow.. if I can keep the fruit flowing  there could be 500 litres this year maybe...

No comments: