Sunday 7 November 2010

The Boy Done Good...

...but not good enough:
Over ambitious or what? I'd prepared the 90lbs for batch 8 (scratted and pulped by midday - photo) and decided to go for 2 pressings today... by 3pm I'd got the sharps and the sweets ready, but realised that if I tried to sort out the bitters I'd lose out on the pressing all together if not careful. So at least I'm ahead on batch 9 preparation at least. 8 is still in the press, tweaking for the last few litres and there's quite a bit of creaking and cracking as that new top beam settles - fingers crossed x



As the apples dry out a bit it might be better to add a few extra now maybe 93-95lbs..? well, old bits of timber do have their limitations I suppose!

Tried a glass of the Cromwell (Last Gasp)... bit disappointing I must say, certainly lacking the rustic charm and flavour of the Pickled Pig. It's a bit more like my turbo cider, though with a little more sophistication to be fair...

Time to give the press a tweak...

No comments: