Tuesday 4 December 2012

'As I sit and close my eyes...'

I'm thinking of the Beach Boys' track 'Mean't for you' from the Friends album... meanies EMI have blocked the track on You Tube so I can't listen to it even though I bought the original, and possibly still have it somewhere (how much did they make out of that? - and how much did Brian and the Boys get...) though it's probably on a format I can no longer play anyway... and If I download it from I Tunes how much more will they make and how much more etc etc... not to mention Mike Love's cut..?
Anyway, as I sit and close my eyes with a pale greeny-golden batch 9 2011 (er, with errant bits stirred by a fine bottle-conditioned steadily rising mousse) I come to realise that I've yet to empty the press...

Ooo, just accidentaly caught the spell check button - turns out that 'EMI,' along with 'er' and 'greeny', don't exist anyway...
so then 575 litres - most ever for me... yesterday's made 1.050... though at 4 deg c juice temperature, probably more like 1.049 - as if I care? Do I look bothered..? Is grass green? - not always...

back shortly...


hmm, well got a bit side-tracked there... what with the Wrecking Crew and Leonard Cohen...

dargh, press boards washed but still forgot to take the gravity...

back presently...

brr, it's got that biting cold damp feel out there - I reckon allowing for the 4.5 deg c (does the friction of pressing warm the juice..?) it's 1.049 - same

that's me done, cheers.

No comments: