Tuesday 19 October 2010

Another Bitter Sweet - juicy too!

Last customer yesterday offered all their apples - 3 trees: 2 sweet (said they were Jonagold) and a third quite sharp (unknown) - looks a bit like Howgate Wonder, but that's the only other sharp I can (almost) identify after Bramley Seedling lol...
I got all the sweets but ran out of time to get all the sharps, though I can call back anytime for them.
I'd remembered that on a winter run - a day when steam breath warmed the winter air - cutting down a footpath and seeing a carpet of tiny apples... well I wasn't far away yesterday and decidied to check it out. Unfortunatley it was growing quite dark, but I had time to gather what I could find - getting nettled once again in the process! I don't go anywhere without my trusty Burgon and Ball grass hook these days! After cutting back the nettles the little spheres were a little more detectable...
So the Panda stash came out rather well all in all (the bitters are in the sack):



These will help keep me stocked for December pressings as they are in good condition. I could do with getting a bit in front of 30 litres a week though with a target of 500 litres as I'll probably lose a couple of weekends being away...

No comments: