Sunday 10 October 2010

The Big Day... maybe...

Got the twelve 18"sq. pressing boards finished this week.
Then, yesterday realised that I hadn't enough material offcuts left for the bigger press cloths... DOH... all I can do for the present is join together what bits I have got, but could I find any white cotton? (not that I need it to match... but don't want anything leaching out of coloured cotton - though probably wouldn't anyway...)
so there's Wilkinsons open at Clowne, and Dodgy Goods in the village so I should just about get something stitched in time for the trial pressing...
I've made a top plate that slides against the uprights to keep the whole thing stable (he hopes...), but I can see that juice could miss the collecting tray if the stack is not nice and square... better get on...

No comments: